– UFC Hall of Famer Stephan Bonnar will be part of the Titan FC announce team starting this month.
Bonnar is a former Ultimate Fighter runner-up alongside Forrest Griffin back in 2005. He will work alongside Tristar Gym head coach Firas Zahabi. A play-by-play announcer has yet to be named.
“Thanks (Titan FC CEO) Jeff Aronson and Titan FC,” Bonnar posted on Twitter. “Pumped to be calling them fights!! There’s nothing like calling a fight from the best seat in the house!.”
First action for Bonnar with the promotion will be February 28 on CBS Sports Network for Titan FC 27. It is the first event on CBS Sports Network for the promotion.
Check out the card down below which goes down February 28th:
- Jorge Gurgel vs. Mike Ricci
- Michael Kuiper vs. Matthew Riddle
- Glerstone Santos vs. Kalvin Hackney
- Anthony Gutierrez vs. Charlie DuBray
- Kurt Holobaugh vs. Eric Marriott
- Kevin Croom vs. Bryan Goldsby
It looks like Bonnar has cut ties with the UFC for now.
– Derek Brunson has signed a new four-fight contract with the UFC. Brunson confirmed this recently via Facebook where he posted a photo of the contract with the caption:
“Signing a New 4 fight contract with the UFC !!! #UFC”
Brunson (11-3) was finished by Yoel Romero in January, dropping him to 2-1 inside the Octagon. He four four times for Strikeforce, where he went 3-1.
The former three-time NCAA Div. II All-American wrestler started his MMA career with nine straight wins. As of this writing there is no time table for this return to the Octagon.