Lyoto Machida recently spoke about his fight with Gegard Mousasi at UFC Fight Night 36 and more. Check out the interview down below:
On fan criticism: “I want to do well for my fans, I want to do well for my promoters, and I just want to improve. There’s always that pressure…I just listened to my fans, and I’m always trying to improve and bring something to them because I want to listen to people who want to see me do well”
On diversifying his attacks based on each opponent: “I always try to adapt to each opponent. You always have to have new tricks, and there’s always got to be something new.”
On Mousasi: “I’ve been following Mousasi throughout his career and when he was fighting in Japan. He’s a great fighter.”
Machida who has an overall record of 20–4 and is 3-1 in his last four fights is also a former light heavyweight champion.
Gegard Mousasi is only making his second appearance inside the octagon. He has a record of 34–3–2 and this fight will mark his first fight in the headliner role. Big fight for Mousasi as in his last 8 fights is 6-1-1.
The event goes down live on UFC Fight Pass and Fox Sports 1 this Saturday.
Check out the current card below:
- Middleweight: Lyoto Machida vs. Gegard Mousasi
- Middleweight: Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza vs. Francis Carmont
- Welterweight: Erick Silva vs. Takenori Sato
- Welterweight: Viscardi Andrade vs. Nicholas Musoke
- Featherweight: Thiago Tavares vs. Zubair Tuhugov
- Featherweight: Charles Oliveira vs. Andy Ogle
- Featherweight: Cristiano Marcello vs. Joe Proctor
- Lightweight: Rodrigo Damm vs. Ivan Jorge
- Lightweight: Francisco Trinaldo vs. Jesse Ronson
- Bantamweight: Iuri Alcantara vs. Wilson Reis
- Featherweight: Felipe Arantes vs. Maximo Blanco
- Welterweight: Ildemar Alcantara vs. Albert Tumenov