UFC Fight Night 37 has a new co-main event, Melvin Guillard’s original opponent was Ross Pearson. He has suffered a knee injury and was forced to pull out of the fight. These two met at in October, but the fight ended in a no contest due to Melvin landing a illegal knee to Ross Pearson face.
Guillard has a new opponent in Michael Johnson who is coming off a sick knockout over Gleison Tibau less than a month ago at UFC 168 in December.
Michael Johnson is 14–8 in MMA career and is on a two fight win streak. This is a big moment in his career to be in the co-main event of a UFC card.
On the other hand, Melvin Guillard who has 47 total fights and is only 30 years old has been in all types of fights in his career. In his last four fights he has one win, two loses and a no contest due to a controversial illegal knee to Ross Pearson.
UFC Fight Night 37 takes place at the O2 Arena in London and will be headlined by a light heavyweight fight featuring Alexander Gustafsson and Jimi Manuwa.
Here is the the rest of the card:
- Alexander Gustafsson vs. Jimi Manuwa
- Michael Johnson vs. Melvin Guillard
- Cyrille Diabate vs. Ilir Latifi
- Brad Pickett vs. Ian McCall
- Igor Araujo vs. Danny Mitchell
- Gunnar Nelson vs. Omari Akhmedov
- Brad Scott vs. Cláudio Henrique da Silva
- Luke Barnatt vs. Mats Nilsson
- Louis Gaudinot vs. Phil Harris
- Davey Grant vs. Roland Delorme