- Bellator has announced Attila Vegh vs. Emanuel Newton to headline Bellator 113 on March 21.
Let’s break down the main event, Newton is 22–7–1 in his overall MMA career and is on a four fight win streak. Last competing against Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal in November and defeated him via unanimous decision.
His record in Bellator is 5-1. Newton is a one-time Interim Bellator Light Heavyweight Championship and winner of Season 8 Light Heavyweight Tournament Winner.
As Vegh is 29-4-2 and is on a nine fight win streak. His last fight is where he won the title at Bellator 91 back in February of last year.
Végh was expected to face Emanuel Newton in a rematch at Bellator 106, but pulled out of the bout and was replaced by Muhammed Lawal.
It should be noted that this is a title unification fight.
Here is the rest of the card:
The announced main card for Bellator 113 is as follows:
- Attila Vegh vs. Emanuel Newton
- David Rickels vs. Patricky Pitbull
- Marcin Held vs. Rodrigo Cavalheiro
- Terry Etim vs. Derek Anderson
- Brandon Girtz vs. Derek Campos
- Bellator returns to action starting March 7 from Thackerville, OK. On their official website, they only have four events announced that is only in March.
- On season ten of Bellator MMA, they will have a Lightweight and Heavyweight tournament. The finals will conclude on April fourth which should be Bellator 115.
Bellator is about to be very busy, but I still think the tournament style and having seasons hurts them at the end of the day. I believe that would be a good article piece and maybe i will write one. Let me know in the comment area below.